2016-2017 Academic Year Award
A $2,000 scholarship will be awarded to a qualified medical student.
Applications accepted July 1 - Sept. 30, 2016
Eligibility for scholarship applicants includes the following:
- Applicant must be a Pennsylvania resident for at least 12 months before registering as a medical student (not including time spent attending a Pennsylvania undergraduate or graduate school).
- Applicant must be a South Asian Indian or a descendant of a South Asian Indian immigrant to the United States. The following lineage qualifies: self, parent(s), grandparent(s), or great-grandparent(s) of South Asian Indian heritage.
- Applicant must be enrolled full time in a fully accredited Pennsylvania medical school.
- Applicant must be enrolled or entering his/her 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year of medical school.
- Applicant must have completed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP AND BIRTH DESCENT MAY BE REQUIRED IF SELECTED.
Applicant must submit the following:
- A completed scholarship application form.
- Two reference letters, from persons other than family members, documenting the applicant's integrity, interpersonal skills, and potential as a future physician.
- A letter, on school letterhead, from the applicant's medical school verifying that he/she is enrolled full time as a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year medical student at their institution.
- A typed one-page essay specifically describing why the applicant chose to become a physician and what contributions he/she expects to make to the health profession.
A PERSONAL INTERVIEW IS NOT REQUIRED; HOWEVER, IT MAY BE REQUESTED.
Applications will be accepted beginning July 1 and must be postmarked by September 30 of the current year.
For more information contact us at:
The Foundation of the
Pennsylvania Medical Society
777 East Park Drive
PO Box 8820
Harrisburg, PA 17105-8820
Phone: (717) 558-7852 or (717) 558-7854
Fax: (717) 558-7818
You'll need the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader to open and print a PDF file. If you need Acrobat Reader, you can download it for free on Adobe's web site.
Get your free copy of Adobe Acrobat now.