2015-2016 Academic Year Award
A $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to a qualified medical student
Applications Accepted July 1 - Sept. 30, 2015
- Applicant must be a resident of Berks, Lehigh, or Northampton County.
- Applicant must be entering the first year of medical school.
- Applicant must be enrolled full time in a fully accredited United States medical school.
Applicant must submit the following:
- A completed application form.
- Two reference letters documenting the applicant's integrity, interpersonal skills, and potential as a future physician. These letters should be from persons who know the applicant well (other than family members).
- A letter, on school letterhead, from the applicant's medical school verifying that he/she is enrolled full time at that institution and is a first year medical student. NOTE: It is very important that we have the correct medical school information. Payment of scholarship must be made to the recipient's school and through the appropriate channels (financial aid, admissions, registrar, etc.)
- A typed one-page essay specifically describing why the applicant chose to become a physician and what contributions he/she expects to make to the health profession. NOTE: A personal interview is not required; however, it may be requested.
- Application materials will be accepted beginning July 1 of the current year, and must be postmarked on or before September 30 of the current year.Applicants will be notified of the committee's decision by December 1 of the current year.
For more information contact us at:
c/o The Foundation
777 East Park Drive, P.O. Box 8820
Harrisburg, PA 17105-8820
Phone: (717) 558-7852 or (717) 558-7854
Fax: (717) 558-7818
This medical scholarship is made possible by a memorial contribution from Mrs. Elena Pascal and Ms. Carla Vigilante in honor of their parents, Drs. Siegfried and Vigilante.
You'll need the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader to open and print a PDF file. If you need Acrobat Reader, you can download it for free on Adobe's web site.
Get your free copy of Adobe Acrobat now.