Applications accepted Jan. 1 - Feb. 29, 2016
Multiple scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $2,500 each.
The Pennsylvania Medical Society Alliance is the volunteer voice of the family of medicine, dedicated to healthy communities and the preservation of the doctor-patient relationship.
The mission of the Alliance is to:
- assist with programs of the Pennsylvania Medical Society that improve the health and quality of life for all people,
- promote health education,
- advocate for the interests of the medical profession regarding legislation and public relations,
- promote activities that provide financial support for medical education,
- encourage participation in activities that meet health needs, and
- support health-related charitable endeavors.
To financially assist Pennsylvania residents enrolled in a Pennsylvania medical school, the Pennsylvania Medical Society Alliance established the Alliance Medical Education Scholarship (AMES) Fund. This fund, established in April 2000, is supported by Alliance fund-raising events and general and memorial contributions.
Applications must be postmarked by Feb. 29 from current second- and third-year medical students who are Pennsylvania residents enrolled full-time in a Pennsylvania medical school. The first scholarships in the amount of $2,000 each were presented in 2003
The formal presentation of the scholarships is made each year at the Alliance's Annual Fund-Raising Benefit in October.
You'll need the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader to open and print a PDF file. If you need Acrobat Reader, you can download it for free on Adobe's web site.
Get your free copy of Adobe Acrobat now.